Mahila Adhikar Abhiyan [MAA] a campaign for holistic empowerment of women
VSP has initiated a massive campaign in all 30 districts of Odisha to empower women leaders by skilling with basic laws, access to grivance redressal institutions, providing knowledge and linkage with various welfare schemes, networking among women rights defenders etc. In this process 30,000 women leaders directly and 3, 00,000 will be indirectly empowered. 314 villages of all 314 blocks of the state have been adopted to be violence free, addiction free and open defecation free.
Yuva Vikash Abhiyan[YUVA]: A Mass Campaign by the Youth for the Youth.
Vinoba Seva Pratishtan, VSP, has initiated Yuva Vikash Abhiyan, a State wide campaign for youth empowerment and development in Odisha.About one third of the State populations are the youth in the age group of 15-35. This is a vibrant and productive human resource, who, if properly groomed and guided, have the capacity to change the socio-economic condition of the State for building a new and resurgent Odisha for all of us to be proud.
In the State of Odisha, the annual budget for youth development is very negligible despite a strong state youth policy. Millions of educated youth are unemployed and many of them are attracted towards militancy as an alternative due to lack of improper patronage and guidance. In electoral process the political parties hardly give any leadership opportunity to young people.
• Promoting youth participation in the decision making process.
• Involving Youth in the development process as change agent.
• Identifying their inherent qualities, potential and using it in creative and constructive ways.
• Showcasing the young talents of the State.
• Channeling their energy and enthusiasm towards nation building.
• Facilitating and creating self employment avenues.
Gram Swaraj Abhiyan:
India lives in its villages. In case of Odisha this is more manifest and most of the poor people in Odisha live in its rural areas. Gram Swaraj Abhiyan( Campaign for Village Empowerment) is to realize the dream of Gandhiji in a projected manner through.
• Devolution of power to Grampanchayat.
• Village development model & action plan in participatory manner.
• Strengthen community based organizations.
• CBO monitoring the development programmes.
Sarvodaya Chetna Abhiyan:
VSP has also started a dynamic and people centric movement called“ Sarvodaya Chetna Abhiyan” [Holistic upliftment for all] a process of holistic transformation of society through Gandhian values by organizing seminars, workshops, meetings, exhibitions, formation of peace clubs, and promotion of Gandhian literatures. This movement will be strengthened further with larger student and youth participation. We appeal all right thinking citizens to join and strengthen this movement.